May 4, 2010

Let's just eat and forget it for now,aye?

I'm sitting in the truck outside the church building waiting for Rebecca to get off work and meet me so we can go to watch the softball game and go to zumba.

I'm feeding off the wifi from the office.

And I'm watching all the cars go through the parking lot and I stare at the people in them.

And I'm being a complete creeper.

Sometimes I like to sit back and watch. You know? Sit in my truck in the parking lot and watch people pass. Sometimes I like to feel like I'm just a little bit invisible, that people have no idea I'm here. They go on with their lives and I think, "Why do you do that? Why act like that? What drives that person to do that?"

Human beings are really quite fascinating. I sound like an extraterrestrial being who is observing life on Earth to report back to my higher master.

I know that while I watch people, people also watch me. They have to. And I wonder if they wonder the same things about me. Down in the heart of it I feel like we are all alike in a way. We don't understand any other person completely. We don't know any other person one hundred percent of the way through. And there's no way to argue that. No one knows every single thing about you. They couldn't. We are similar in our lack of knowledge about each other.

Complicated, a little.

God knows. He looks down on this curly hair girl sitting in a truck in the church parking lot and knows her fears, how she is afraid that people will leave eventually leave her and how replaceable and disposable she feels. He knows that she has been on a Brett Dennen kick lately, and that she's seriously craving an acai berry smoothie. He knows that when she sleep she covers her head with the blanket and that she really doesn't like argumentive people. He knows the only reason that she doesn't like argumentive people is because she's an argumentive person. He knows her toes are painted silver. He knows that he radio is off, but music is always playing in her head. He know's it's The Beatles right now.

He knows her in and out. The best part, He's okay with this creeper, coffee loving, wifi mooching girl.

And it feels good to know that she doesn't have to hide anything, because He already knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

keep it classy, folks.