October 7, 2009

Addy, get out from under the bed!

I realize that this is totally strange---but, my internet is on the fritz and a photo would not load. I'm beside myself. It's true.

So, lots has happened since I last wrote! They include an amazing Lipscomb visit, a rally of youth in SPRING MILL BIBLE CAMP or Campo de Iglesia (Church Camp). First business, discuss the Lipscomb visit. Lipscomb University is my future home. That is a definite; I can't imagine myself anywhere but there. I've known since about 7th grade that Lipscomb is where I belong. For the visit, I selected Art Teaching for my major. Art education isn't as definite for my future as Lipscomb is, but it's looking pretty good. God really blessed me with the Big L. It's lovely to have that little place to look forward when things are pretty rough.

Second business, Fall Retreat at campo. Honestly, I didn't really dig into spiritually...mainly because my thoughts were bogged down with the fact I had to work through it and etc. I'm not gonna whine. Anyway, the weekend was a chance for me to grow closer with lots of new girls in my youth group. We all fit together like puzzle pieces. God really knew what He was doing putting us all together. I love them already, I'm so ready to spend the next two years with Rebecca, Darci, Katie, Chelsea, Addy, Jocelyn, Lindsay, Lauren, Alyssa, Grace, and Ashley. It's going to be wonderful (I mean we all are really quite insane, it works out so well!)

Third Business, Alene and I were up at the register and a adorable little boy and his parents come up to the counter. Alene says, "Aren't you cute! How old are you?"
"Four." (Insert a I'm Too Old For This look).
"Oh, well that's good! When do you turn five?"
"On my birfday." Duh.

I couldn't stop laughing. I mean, like cracking up. No one else found it that amusing...but what can you do? That was the same day I anwsered the phone, "Ace Franklin Ben Hardware. How may I help you?"

I am so thankful for colors. I love sunsets, paintings, leaves, eyes, skin, and flowers. They would be so boring without colors! Colors define the mood of something, turn it into something that means more. They transform something dark into something joyous. Thank You Daddy, Father, Lover of my Soul, for making colors. Thank You God for putting excitement into something so normal.

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty proud of you. And I'm smiling real big right now.

    ReplyDelete

keep it classy, folks.