September 26, 2009

Please return all the white gloves.

My day started at about 6:30 a.m. I worked the 5k run, which means ripping off sweaty tags from people as they go through the finish line. Rebecca did most of the ripping, and I put all the tags in order on a spool.

Spool is a silly word.

Then, we went to her aunt's for lunch. Which was awesome, because it was a Burris shindig. Any Burris event is worth going to.

After that Rebecca and I went to Lehigh Field to help carry a humongous flag in the parade. We were supposed to have about forty people there, but we only had about twenty show up. So, I turned into Commander Wilson for a little while and yelled a lot.

We ended up with enough people with the use of many cell phones and a guy in a golf cart.

We got to wear white gloves. I felt pretty legit, let me tell you...

I saw Bryan, Callie Ann (who ran in the 5k!), Caroline, Nikki, and Erin. It made me pretty much really happy.

When I got home I ate some things I shouldn't have and then slept for about four hours. Woops.

And, so here we are. After this crazy hectic day this slightly crazy girl is sitting in her computer chair typing about things that don't necessarily matter, but seem worth writing anyway.

Also, I learned two pizzas is not near enough for a girls night. Lesson learned.

Also Also, I learned that being friendly in a grocery store and trying to be nice and have a small conversation with the cashier is a harder task for me...because I drop things and leave things and the old guy with the mustache in line behind me gets slightly annoyed. Lesson learned, but not going to change the politeness level.

No comments:

Post a Comment

keep it classy, folks.