February 23, 2011

Star Breathing God



I figured out how to upload videos from YouTube today and I was hoping to load this video! Louie Giglio is a speaker we have been watching in church and who I have been very inspired by. I encourage you to watch these videos.

They are posted in five different parts, so I will do a series of five posts with each segment.

I know nothing about planets, stars, and space but I find this extraordinary. I cannot wrap my mind around these numbers and light years he is throwing out. They completely blow my mind.

5.88 trillion miles= a light year. Can you even picture that in your mind?

I can't even begin to imagine that.

300 billion stars in one galaxy. "This God we are singing to is enormous" in Louie's words.

This enormity, the vastness, hugeness, bigness, grandeur. This God we are serving is insane! And I mean that in the most amazing, my mind is blown sort of way.

I love how he says we are "worshipping a star breathing God". That mental image of worshipping a God who just breathes and the stars appear. Exhale, galaxy. Exhale, planets. Exhale, stars.

I hope you enjoy these videos as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

keep it classy, folks.