May 1, 2011

You can dance if you want to.

The prom group: Jessi, Rebecca, Lily, Me, Lizzy, and Maggie!

Gun photos, Lizzy and Maggie didn't really get the memo.
Although they are doing the killshot...kinda.

We all had some pretty kickin shoes. And...don't our dresses
look really great together? So many colors!

Last night was prom! I had a really great time with the girls. As much fun as I had with a date last year, going with the girls this year was definitely the way to go. I didn't have to entertain anyone besides myself. I could dance with anyone I wanted to! (Which ended up mainly being Lizzy and Jocelyn and then Ryan S. and Ryan B. a tiny bit.)

You know what I noticed? High School kids do not like line dances. Stupid. The Electric Slide came on and it was me, Jocelyn, like ten of the dance team members, and Senora Allen dancing. The entire floor cleared out. It was silly. It started being awkward, so Jocelyn and I slipped out about the middle of the dance... Do high school kids not realize how amazing line dances are? The only pressure is learning the steps and then you are good to go after that.

This was a really good, but sleep deprived week. I slept from 1 to 6:30 today and I could still fall asleep right now. Ridiculous. Wednesday I went with Jake to see Monty Python's Spam-A-Lot at the IU Auditorium. (If I already wrote about this, skip this paragraph...). It was sooo funny. They had a song about how they couldn't put on a Broadway show because they didn't have any Jewish people. My favorite part of the song was when the main dude yelled, "Papa can you hear me?!?" Ahhh...so terrible...but so funny. They did a song about the Lady of the Lake and the Laker Girls. Funny stuff. The musical was mainly The Holy Grail, but in musical form. They added a lot of songs too (well duh.). The Camelot song was really funny too.

Lizzy and I have all the lyrics to Busta Move memorized.
Yeah, we are so cool.

I really need to shower and think about sleeping again...Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

keep it classy, folks.