March 2, 2010

Dreaming is the way to go

One of the most empowering things ever is to drive with a pair of black high heels on your feet (pictured left).

I did that Saturday and I felt like I was in one of those action movies where the girl wears the impossible high heels and still manages to kick butt.

I mean, I didn't kick anyone's butt Saturday. . .but I'm sure I could have if the need had arisen.

I could have saved the day in my black high heels.

Except for the fact that they hurt and about ten minutes into the semi-formal I kicked them off so I could do the organized dances witout huge amounts of pain.

I don't do frivolous dancing due to the fact that I am an awful dancer. But, I mean bring on the organized, choreographed dances like the cha-cha slide and the rump shaker. . .

I just want to throw a shout-out to McDonald's sweet tea!


One thing I've noticed is the lack of passion and joy in people lately, especially in myself. I think it's the winter weather. . .lack of melatonin and all that jazz. So, I've been doing little things to beat back the winter sadness. Spring is so close! So close! And, I'm so incredibly ready to throw my coat in the closet until next year.

Melissa's List of Little Things to Make it a Happy Day:
1. Play "Walking on Sunshine" when you wake up
2. Wear brightly colored socks
3. Smile at yourself in the mirror when you brush your teeth
4. Watch Disney movies with friends and sing along loudly
5. Answer the phone, "Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?"
6. Think of ways to compliment people
7. Do the moonwalk down the hallway at school
8. Buy new, fresh smelling bodywash
9. Hug everyone
10. "May the God of hope fill you all with joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope." -Romans 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment

keep it classy, folks.