June 11, 2010

Wall-E ate holes in my purse.

Woah, summer. Slow down a little, huh?

I have two fish now (pictured left). Phil is the large one, and the minuscule one is named Gertrude. And they are alive despite my normal reputation for fish and plant care.

This whole week was camp, and it was wonderful. College week of camp is so intriguing and relaxing and comfortable and a little bit inappropriate sometimes.

And I flipping love it.

At the end of the week we talked about how we were going to change...well that's the bast of the talk. Anyway, I thought about how much I wish away things. How I look to the future and forget about the things going on everyday of my life.

I want to run off to Lipscomb so badly, and want to be in the next phase of my life. I feel like I belong there.
I focus so much on that, I'm sure I've missed relationships, oppurtunities, and chances to really help people. How many times have I walked through my day wishing I was somewhere else, when someone needed me to just be here? How often have I missed a time God placed someone in the place I was, when my mind was focused on being somewhere else.

It really troubles me. I need to focus on the little things and really live each day! Melissa Girl, this is your life! Where are you? You're not at Lipscomb yet, my friend. So be focused on here while you are here!

Okay, enough yelling at myself. Tomorrow morning Caroline, Rebecca, and my other wonderful friends are going to the farmer's market in a nearby town. I'm really excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

keep it classy, folks.