January 14, 2010

Still rollin? Hello, tell me you know that you figured me out.

I tend to mark my life by summers, rather than school years or winters or springs or falls.

Summer seems to be the source of all things good in my perspective.

Summer has sun and church camp and the a release of responsibilities that normally overwhelm.

So, when I look out my bedroom window and see this image that I have posted, it's hard for me to find it as beautiful as I am aware that it should be.

Cold, icy, dark, and school. That's what I see.

I'm not saying that winter isn't lovely, but it's just not my summers. It's just not as joyous.

Especially with all the things happening the past week or so, the two deaths that shook Mitchell. It's easy to sink lower and lower into sadness when the sun is hardly out and school and work keeps you so busy you don't have an appropriate amount of time to adjust and just think.

I feel myself sacrificing my time with myself to get things done. And I am not okay with that.

I want to lay down and think about all that's happening, not think about it while I'm doing homework or behind a register at Ace Hardware, or when I'm stuffing laundry into a washer. It's just seems impossible to stop. And slow down.

On a lighter note, I did TurboJam with my friends last night. Ah, so funny and complicated...but amazing. And, tonight is Zumba. Zumba is also amazing. I shake things I never expected to shake in Zumba, and I adore it.
I don't know why this is center aligned, but for some reason my computer won't let me change it, so it's gonna have to be okay....


No comments:

Post a Comment

keep it classy, folks.