December 23, 2010

A little alone time.

Good morning! If you can still consider it that.

I didn't get up until 10. Weird.

I've laid around my room drinking coffee and watching the Today Show which is really not that awesome. I can't seem to find the drive to get up, clean my room and part of the house that was deemed mine to clean, finish Christmas shopping for my dad, and then do so much laundry it should be illegal.

That was all very dramatic. I mean, I have a lot to do, but it seems like so much more when I have the mentality of a sloth like I do today.

Obviously it is almost Christmas time, so it makes sense to discuss Jesus as a person more than usual. Allen did an amazing job of stressing the importance of how we need to always remember Jesus's humanity or the whole gift He created for us is lessened.

Do you ever wonder what was Jesus's favorite color?

Or if He always sneezed in pairs like I do?

I want to know if He was left-handed or right-handed.

Did He laugh when one of the disciples fell down? I mean, as long as they didn't get hurt.

Like- "Bah hah Peter. You just tripped over a stick."

It's hard for me to fall madly in love with something who is fully untouchable, unreachable and undescribable. I can be in awe of these things. But, God made Himself something we know. Something we can relate to and fall in love with. I can learn to love someone who is just as human as me. Someone who bleeds when cut and laughs when something is really funny.

So, this three part deal: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (or Ghost, I've heard both). This three part harmony I accepted into my life almost seems to me like three different things I need to find a way to react to.

The Father is someone whom I fear and look up to, who I can think of in awe. This figure of stability and yet still remains completely mysterious. This light I cannot explain, but still try to. This Father figure who can comfort me and puzzle me all at the same time. Something I will always feel deeply connected to, but always find it hard to explain how much He means to me.

The Son is someone who became completely human so as to relate to me, yes? So, I can fully learn how to love this person. This human that cried the same way I cry today. A person who it is completely possible for me to try to follow because He had footsteps just like I do. This tremendous gift that broke the veil that seperated me from the Father. A human bridge.

The Holy Spirit is something I still try to understand. Is this the part I believe dwells within me? If I learn to love myself, follow the Son, and fear and admire the Father, does that mean I am honoring this Spirit? Is this the internal compass that helps me follow the Son and find strength in the Father?

Maybe I'm looking at this all wrong. All three are one in the same, yet still three parts of a whole. Can I react to these parts differently and in that difference make up how I feel about the whole? Either way, I'm chasing after the Son, while the Father is running after me and giving me ground to run on, and the Spirit is what is within me giving me the strength to lift my feet with every step. That's how I feel about it. All together it gives me a peace I can't describe, a peace I lost for a while.

I wasn't expecting to come up with all these questions. . .I was expecting to write about how much I love the humanity of Jesus and how it defines our religion in a way no other religion seems to. Anyway, there you go.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful thoughts. I like the way you think and I love you bunches.

    ReplyDelete

keep it classy, folks.