August 26, 2010

I'll know my name as it's called again.

Isn't Jocelyn beautiful?
I love her.
If you don't know her, you should get to know her. . she's so sweet and real.

I just found this photo and wanted to share it.

It's probably my favorite one I have ever taken.

I just finished my two and a half sections of Calculus homework. Oh, school. . .

Right now, I'm about half-way done with writing a page about Mortimer Adler's artile. I have to state his assertion and to what extent I agree with it.

His assertion (thesis) is this: "Full ownership comes only when you have made it (it being a book) a part of yourself, and the best way to make yourself a part of it is by writing in it."

I actually like this article, suprisingly enough. It is called How to Mark a Book. Doesn't sound too exciting, aye? Mind you, it is much better than the articles from Writing Analytically (our wretched textbook, one of two for the class).

Adler talks about how the only way can really connect with a book and understand what it is saying is if we "converse" with it, write in it, mark it up and down. I mean, I agree to a certain extent. When I am reading one of my non-fiction books (usually a religious one) I keep a journal along with it and highlight the things that seem the most important to me or puzzle me.

But, I think some people are just so intuned with reading that it isn't necessary. I know people like that.

I am not one of those people.

I don't have a very good attention span.

I accidently took a nap, I'm never going to fall asleep tonight.

You should listen to Mumford & Sons- The Cave. Ah, it's way too good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

keep it classy, folks.